Friday 14 August – Kapa Haka visit
ESOL Room with the Rangitoto College Kapa Haka – 1:00pm – 2:30pm
CBS Matariki Dawn Service – Friday 7 August 7:30am – 8:30am
Please join us for our annual Matariki celebration on the CBS Basketball court and hall.
We will have music, special performances from our Kapa Haka groups, beautiful Matariki inspired art on display and light breakfast provided – all welcome.
It is with great excitement that the Chinese/Korean teachers at Rangitoto College are inviting a small number of our Year 5 and 6 Korean and Chinese students, who are interested in dance or performance, accompanied by a parent, to their Chinese and Korean Cultural nights – free entry. These events are always sold out well in advance. The event organiser has saved seats for Campbells Bay School for the Korean night. We are also invited to the rehearsal for the Chinese night.
As we are limited to 30 seats for both nights (15 children with 15 parents), tickets will be allocated on a first come first serve agreement. The details are as follows:
- Friday 29th July 5:30pm
- This is the actual performance. The public will be seated in the main part of the auditorium and our seats will be upstairs.
- The dancers will also be upstairs when not onstage.
- Tickets will be given to our organiser 2 weeks before the performance and they will drop them off at Campbells Bay School to hand out to students/ parents
- Tickets are the same as for the public but a different colour.
- Wednesday 12th August 3:30-10:00 (but no need to stay till 10:00)
- This is the technical rehearsal, therefore there will be some stopping and starting. Our cluster schools will be the only audience.
- The organiser will have printouts of the spreadsheet at the door and will just tick off students/parents as they arrive.
If you are interested in either opportunity, please email me on the following:
We are all looking forward to a night of cultural celebration.
On Thursday 2 July from 1.30pm – 2.15pm, our international parents are invited to a ‘Next Steps’ information presentation in our Learning Hub.
The purpose of the presentation is to:
- Share information about parent/ teacher interviews
- Meet Andrew Barron – English Language Partners and promote our parent service programme
- Gather any feedback to see how we can support our international families.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on [email protected]