The school is aware that some parents have accessed private tutoring or extra classes for their children outside of school hours. To support our community as best we can with these types of decisions the school has the following advice.
- Outside tutoring or additional academic classes are not expected of students.
- We acknowledge that this is a family choice first and foremost.
- If families are looking to enhance their child’s development and experiences outside of school hours, we recommend activities that promote well being and holistic development, and are appropriate for primary aged children. Some examples of this could be for students to take up a musical instrument, join a sports team or have a playdate.
- If you feel your child’s learning needs are not being met, or that they require additional support beyond the classroom programme please contact your child’s teacher in the first instance.
- If you would like to discuss this topic further please feel free to contact your child/s Associate Principal or myself directly, [email protected]
A Useful Resource
What does progress look like – We have a presentation that may be useful to you for more information on how learning occurs through the NZ Curriculum.