Kia ora e te whānau,
It is with excitement to send you this email with information pertaining to returning to school. While it is not ‘back to normal’ we certainly hope that the additional face to face time at school will make a difference for our students and families.
Today we have confirmation from Minister Hipkins that schools will reopen in a modified way from Wednesday 17 November. While we have been preparing to open up for a long time, we have not had the exact details of what this will look like. After the announcement today we expect these details to come from the Ministry of Education within the next 24 hours. Once we have confirmation we will send a follow up email outlining our exact plan and what it will look like at Campbells Bay School.
Our procedures will be based on information received from the Secretary of Education and the Director of Public Health. There will be obvious challenges to reopening with less students on site. While we would love to have everyone back at school together, any face to face opportunity will be better than nothing at all.
I will be in touch with our reopening plan by the end of the week.
Other Important Matters
- Activities and Costs: We have a number of cancelled activities and events. You will receive a refund of any activity that has been paid for and has not gone ahead, such as swimming and water safety and a portion of your activity fee used for trips.
- After School Activities: All to resume in 2022. There will be no after school activities offered on site for the remainder of the year.
- End of Year Events: There is no book week, Christmas Concert or the evening graduation for our year six students. A revised Graduation for Year 6’s is being developed and will be communicated soon.
- ezlunch: there will be no ezlunch ordering system at school for the remainder of the year. Please pack your child’s lunch.
- Gatherings: Most gatherings that are not essential, are cancelled. This includes: assemblies and singing assemblies.
- Library Books: The library is closed. There will be no issuing of books. Please make returns as usual.
- Sickness: It is absolutely critical that you do not send your child to school if they show any signs of sickness. Any child who arrives at school who is unwell will be isolated and parents will be called to collect their child immediately.
- Sport: All organised school sports are cancelled for the remainder of the year.
- Vaccinations: All our staff meet the current vaccination health order for schools. It is also expected that any visitors to the school, who are working alongside children, are either fully vaccinated or have undergone a recent covid-19 test. You will receive separate correspondence about the upcoming parent vaccination register later in the year. Parent vaccination records are NOT required until 2022 as there is no need to have parent volunteers on site this year.