What a year! (Now that is an understatement)!
The school community has faced one of the most challenging years in a long time. It is with gratitude that we have finally been able to see out a full school term and we have managed to squeeze in as much as we could!
This year we have had to unite, adapt to new norms and do our best to take care of each other in times of the unknown. Managing all of this in the school context is just not possible without a team of amazing staff who have been a foundation of support, adaptability and creativity. They went above and beyond for our students often at the sacrifice of their own families and anxieties and I wish them a wonderful, well deserved relaxing break.
To family and friends, thank you for your support this year. Your contribution to our school, your feedback and your engagement with your child/s education is pivotal in our school’s success. Thank you. We wish you a very happy holiday.
Today school reports come home with your child/ren. We hope you enjoy celebrating their learning and development with them.
Tonight we congratulate one last time our year six graduates. Prizegiving is at 6.30pm in the school hall.
Tomorrow night, we sing our way to the last day of school – our Christmas Concert starts on the field at 4.30pm (students in the juniors line up at 4.15pm on the netball court). The weather looks perfect for us!
Don’t forget school finishes at 12.30pm on Wednesday 16 December (our 042 bus will not be available). Students will be dismissed from their classrooms.
Important Information re Christmas Concerts – Tuesday 15 December 2020
This year the Christmas Concert is moving “back to basics”.
There will be no food trucks or rides. But give the picnic basket and picnic blankets a shakeout ready for the summer season ahead, and come down and enjoy some festive tunes, and enjoy some BYO nibbles and drinks.
- Years 0 – 2: All students to assemble on the netball court at 4.15pm in readiness to walk into position on the bank in the corner of the field. The concert will start at 4.30pm. At the conclusion of their concerts year 0 – 2 students will be walked to a vacant area of the field to be reunited with parents.
- Years 3 – 6: All students to assemble on the netball court at 4.45pm in readiness to walk into position on the bank in the corner of the field. The concert is expected to start at about 5.00pm. It is expected this concert will be completed by about 5.45pm.
- Dancers to follow the instructions given to them by their dance teachers.
- All soloists and Christmas Choir members are to meet on the netball courts at the same time as the Junior children at 4.15pm lining up closest to the buildings.
- Kapa Haka to meet Miss Hohaia, Mrs Ramsay and Mr Nu’u in the Performing Arts room to change at 4.30pm.
At the end of the concert – All Kapa Haka children should change out of their Kapa Haka uniform in the PA room unless they are a dancer or soloist. If so they will use Room 15.
- If your child is a soloist or Christmas Choir member and is in a dance or Kapa Haka they should get changed early and then meet the other Christmas Choir children at 4.15pm on the netball courts. It is the student’s choice if they change in between Kapa Haka and singing and they would have discussed this with Mrs Knight or their dance teacher.
- All students are requested to wear Christmas-coloured clothing using the white, red and green theme. However, a combination of all colours is NOT required and there is no expectation new clothing will be purchased!
- Christmas/festive-type headwear is perfectly fine, reflecting what we hope to be a fun filled event.
- Please note due to the number of scheduled events in the school during that week that there is no rain option. If the weather does not permit, unfortunately, the concert will be cancelled and there will be no rain alternative. We will make a call by 8.00am on Tuesday morning – we will update the website and send a notification.
If your child is leaving CBS at the end of the year they are able to take the contents of their Google Drive with them. Please find attached information on doing this. Please be aware that students accounts will be suspended from 17 December:
School Leavers – notice re ezlunch / Kindo school shop
If your family is leaving our school and moving to another school that does not use ezlunch or Kindo for school payments, you need to close your account. If you’re not sure about the new school, log in, go to My Details and click on the list of schools, scrolling to find your new school.
If your new school is NOT on the list, use the ‘close account’ button on that screen. You can choose to donate your balance to school or have it paid out to your nominated bank account.
Kahui Ako Parent Information Video Series
Mid Bays Kāhui Ako – Parent information seminar RTLB
Mid Bay 지역사회 교육 – 학부모 정보 세미나 RTLB
You can now access the 4th video on our Kāhui Ako Youtube channel. This one talks
about support available in NZ schools and how to access it.
If you would like to give any feedback or ask any questions, you can do that here.
Across School Leader (CRP – ESOL)
We are excited to celebrate Indy Vaughan and her recent achievements. Indy got a bronze medal with her paddling partner in the K2 Tyro 200m Competition over the weekend …. Not bad when she is competing with 14 year olds!!! Many races had to be canned as it was too windy but a great start to her paddling!
During the weekend Varvara in year 4 has taken part in the NZ Nationals in Synchronized Swimming in Hamilton as part of the Auckland Mermaids.
Her team won 2nd place in the dolphin combo. We’re all very proud of Varvara and her team. Congratulations, Vavara!
Final Call for School Library Books
Please can you return any school library books you may have at home. There is a special green box just inside the library door for you to place them in.
We have 42 books still outstanding so please can you have a good look at home/cars/bags for them.
We have done a stock take of the school library so we know they are not in there.
Thank you for your support.
CBS Chess Club 2021
Weekly classes will resume on THURSDAY 18 February at Lunchtime in Room 31.
Every chess ability is welcome, though if there are any beginners they will be taught the moves etc in Term 1 only. Lessons are taught by Leonard McLaren, former NZ co-Champion and current NZ Senior co-Champion.
If your child would like to enrol, please collect a form from the school office. Term fee is $80 or special offer $300 for the whole year if paid by 28 February.
Any questions email: [email protected] stating CBS in the subject title.
|Monday 14 December||Year 1-6 Summer hockey finishes|
Return of sports bags and player of the day trophies
All team sport for 2020 has finished. Could all team bags and any outstanding player of the day trophies please be returned to the sports office, opposite room 7, by tomorrow the latest. This will allow time for bags to be unpacked and equipment to be packed away before the school year ends on Wednesday. Thank you for your help with this.
Miniball Semester Two 2020
Last Tuesday, the final North Harbour Basketball League miniball (basketball) games for semester two and for 2020 were played at the North Shore Events Centre, Massey Gymnasium and AUT Akoranga. It was awesome to see so many CBS teams giving it their all. We were all grateful for the opportunity to play this semester.
Well done to all our players and teams who represented CBS so well in what was a very challenging year. A big thank you to all our managers, coaches and supporters. We couldn’t do it without you. Congratulations to the following teams who finished the semester in the top 3 of their respective grades:
Year 6 CBS Red- 1st (Baxter Green, Blake Hulme, Lennix Kelly, Caleb Maunder, Luke Gillies, Daley Pohio, Harry Frankham and Ryan Stoddart)
Year 6 CBS Yellow- 2nd (Jack Daniel, Blake Medrum, Lucas gilberd, Josh Shorter, Roarke Dooney, Jake Botha and Josh Cash)
Year 4 CBS Heat- 1st (Caleb Cristobal, Jonny Junior Cui, Julian Zhong, Kanjiro Watanabe, Luke Kang, Niko Ellin Ward, Leo Anderson, Johnny Simons )
Year 4 CBS Lakers- 2nd (Darcy Kirton, Emme Poppelbaum, Finn Buckley, Grayson Coulter, Jake Ewing, Mila Turnbull, Wesley Xie and Ethan Tu)
Year 4 CBS Cyclones- 3rd (Easton Deed, Jake Maskell, Joshua Irvine, Neeva Harvey, Oscar Frankham, Cooper Fitzpatrick and Neve Field)
Year 4 CBS Rockets- 3rd (Chase Christie, Liam Choo, Lincoln Geddes, Oscar Wu, Yigu Ye, Elizabeth Yang and Michael Huang)
Year 3 Titans- 2nd (Alistair Foote, Ryan Li, Terrence Wang, Evan Zhao, Fiona Xiao, Iaan Jeong, Lucas Chen, Michael Lee)
Year 2 CBS Thunder- 2nd (Charles Yang, Cody Huang, Cooper Parrey, Eric Chi, Jaxson Lanning, Knox Derricut, Max Shao and Oscar Murray)
With Campbells Bay school finishing early on the 16th December Wednesday(last day of school), please be advised that sKids will be open starting at 12:30pm to bridge that time.
Please book under Special Day 12:30-3:00pm or 12:30-6:00pm, for those who are already booked on that day you will only need to book for the 12:30-3:00pm session and will only be charged for the difference from your original booking to make up the $35 rate for the 12:30-6:00pm session.
Your Content Goes Here