This Pandemic Update contains (1) Information from Campbells Bay School. (2) Information from the Ministry of Education. (3) Information from Auckland Transport
(1) Information from Campbells Bay School
Following the move to Alert Level One at midnight the following information pertains to Campbells Bay School.
- No student registration for 042 bus. No sanitiser for 042 bus students.
- No paper/pen registration at entry points.
- No sanitiser at entry points to the school.
- Physical distancing.
- QR signs will remain at the following gates: Peter Terrace, bus bay and main gate for parents/caregivers to use.
- Drinking fountains now in use. Individual student water bottles are optional.
- Usual ‘sign in’ at the office for parents/visitors during school time.
- Students who are sick should stay at home.
- Students who become sick at school will be required to go home immediately.
- Hygiene, hygiene, hygiene: (1) Enforcement of use of hand sanitiser upon entering and exiting classrooms. (2) Surfaces regularly disinfected.
- Basically, school is back to the old normal but with a heightened emphasis on hygiene.
(2) Information from the Ministry of Education
- There are no specific public health requirements.
- There are no restrictions on personal movement so all students, children and staff continue to be safe to go to school / early learning, and all students must attend school.
- Schools are no longer required to keep a contact tracing register but will continue with the usual practice of having a visitor and an attendance register (and will need to work with local health authorities to identify close contacts, should there be a case connected with the school).
- There are no restrictions on numbers at gatherings or on physical activities including cultural and sporting activities, practices and events.
- Physical distancing is not a requirement but where possible or practicable is encouraged when you are around people you don’t know.
There are key public health measures – Golden Rules – for everyone in New Zealand to follow. For schools and early learning services this means:
- If people are sick, they should stay home (phone Healthline or their GP and get tested if they have cold or flu symptoms).
- Continue to regularly wash and dry hands, sneeze and cough into elbows.
- Soap, water and the ability to dry hands should be provided in bathrooms.
- Regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- Support contact tracing efforts by displaying QR Code posters for the NZ COVID Tracer App
(3) Information from Auckland Transport
- Under Alert Level 1 no physical distancing requirements on any public transport services, including school bus services, are deemed necessary by the Ministry of Education and Waka Kotahi NZTA who are taking advice from the Ministry of Health.
- Any additional buses that have been added to some school bus routes during Alert Level 2 and 3 to support social distancing requirements will no longer operate under Alert Level 1. Normal school bus operation with front door boarding will resume; however, cash will not be accepted on buses. Students must have and use a registered AT HOP card with funds on it to tag on and tag off.