Alert Level 2: School is Open for Business from Monday 18 May 2020
For the first time since 23 March school is back in business providing on site teaching and learning. It has been a long time coming and we are looking forward to a return to school being as nearly normal as possible. Schooling at alert level two will be very similar to school before the pandemic with one exception and that is the increased emphasis on hygiene. Hence, we have school as we have known it but with a large topping of additional hygiene. For your information and assurance you can read the CBS Pandemic Plan at Alert level Two: Information for the Community here Alert Level 2_ Community. An executive summary of the plan is as follows:
- The key public health approach is to minimise the risk that someone gets infected in the first place. Therefore, at school, the curriculum will be first and foremost: hygiene, hygiene and hygiene. This includes staff and students coughing into their elbows, regular hand washing and drying, and regular cleaning of commonly touched surfaces.
- It means safe hygiene habits are practiced by everybody – at school, at home and everywhere in between.
- To ensure we can identify and contact anyone who has been in close contact with a person if someone in the school is infected it is a requirement for all visitors to the school to register at the school office.
- Physical distancing is a good precaution to prevent the spread of disease. However, we must be realistic and acknowledge that in the school setting and with the best will in the world, maintaining a ‘no physical touching between and amongst children’ rule at all times is all but impossible. Hence, the need for good hygiene practices is essential.
- Any students who are even slightly unwell must stay at home. If a student becomes unwell at school they will be required to go home immediately.
- NB: There is no limitation to the number of people (massed gatherings) who can gather in one place at school as the school has a register of people on site should contact tracing by the Ministry of Health be required.
School will reopen for on site teaching and learning when the 8.30am bell rings on Monday 18 May with all students going to their classrooms.
REMINDER: THE BIGGEST AND BEST CBS SECOND HAND UNIFORM SALE!
The second hand uniform sale will be held from 8.45am – 11.00am on Thursday 14 and Friday 15 May (THIS Thursday and Friday).
The sale will be held in the Performing Arts Room.
Entry to the school grounds is by the front gate.
Social distancing will be in place but, given the size of the Performing Arts Rooms and the extended hours over two days, we do not expect there will be much queuing required.
We can accept contactless eftpos transactions and cash if required.