- office ph: +64 9 410 7444
- office fax: +64 9 410 5963
- office e-mail
- Aberdeen Rd, Castor Bay
North Shore City, Auckland
- library: 410 1885
- safety check: 410 9551
about our school
Campbells Bay School is a state, co-educational contributing school with students from Year 0 (5 years of age) to Year 6 (10-11 years of age). Students leaving Campbells Bay School at the end of Year 6 usually go to either Murrays Bay Intermediate, Wairau Park Intermediate or Takapuna Normal Intermediate Schools.
The Charter is the base document of the school and is an undertaking by the Board of Trustees to Government that it will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the school is managed, organised, conducted and administered for the purposes set out in the Charter. The Board's responsibilities in the area of curriculum are outlined in the National Education Guidelines; the National Administration Guidelines and the National Curriculum Statements. These are deemed to be part of the Charter. The Board is authorized to include local curriculum school goals that reflect the particular needs and enthusiasms of the community. These are evidenced by the Mission Statement and Local Goals.
Campbells Bay School will always strive to provide its students with the programmes, the instructors, the facilities, the resources and the secure stable environment to fulfil the relevant education needs and aspirations of all students.
local goals for education
Campbells Bay School will provide an education for students that will:
- Focus on high levels of competence in the essential learning areas
- Encourage children to take responsibility for their own learning
- Instill positive attitudes towards future learning and achievement
- Provide programmes that teach students life and leisure skills
- Enhance each student's personal development towards successful citizenship
the curriculum includes
for academic and artistic development
- a full time librarian employed in the recently expanded and upgraded library
- extension programmes for students with special abilities
- programmes for gifted and talented students
- programmes for students with special needs
- reading recovery programme
- specialist music teacher, purpose built music room, orchestra, choirs, keyboard
for physical education
- gymnastics with a large team participating in the North Harbour Gymnastics Festival, won by CBS on over ten occasions
- miniball (modified basketball) teams
- netball teams
- hockey teams
- soccer teams
- rugby teams
- Waterwise - a yachting, kayaking and water safety programme for Year 6 students
- and various other sports and clubs
CBS review & service quality survey
The CBS Review is a new addition to our range of ways of communicating with our community. CBS Review will sit alongside the weekly newsletter, the website, Ultranet, our school magazine, parent/teacher interviews and the end of year report. The Review will contain items of interest that have taken place in terms one and two and three and four.
The latest Education Review Office review of CBS is now available for you to read:
CBS Parent Teacher Association
The PTA has important social and financial roles to play in the school. All members of the school's parent community are members of the PTA and may attend PTA meetings. These meetings are usually held in the school staffroom in the evening. PTA meetings are advertised in the weekly school newsletter.
The lunchroom service is changing in 2014 - more details will be available soon.
Travel Wise at CBS
CBS Wise Walkers is the official name of Campbells Bay School's walking bus. A great opportunity for children to get fit, help cut down the traffic jam at school, and to meet the people in their area.
Parents assist, creating an enjoyable walk to school.
There are now five WSB routes to school:
- East Coast Road WSB
leaves cnr of Dewsbury Tce and East Coast Rd
8.20am - on Tue & Thu.
Ph Lorraine 021 201 7553
- Park Rise WSB
leaves church carpark at bottom of Park Rise
8.15am - weekdays.
Ph Liz 027 487 3278
- Castor Bay/Eastcliffe WSB
leaves corner of Eastcliffe and Castor Bay Rds
8.35am - weekdays
Ph Leslie 022 130 6029
- Beach Rd WSB
leaves corner of Channel View and Beach Rds
INACTIVE - would you like to oragnise this route?
Ph Liz 027 487 3278
- Forrest Hill WSB
leaves Forrest Hill Rd
INACTIVE - would you like to organise this route?
Ph Liz 027 487 3278
Below are links to articles and news items which are relevant to education and parenting in today's age.